SHOCKING PINKS - Shocking Pinks


SHOCKING PINKS - Shocking Pinks (DFA UK) Comentários: There's something I really like about this album but I'm struggling to put my finger on exactly what it is. I didn't have any expectations from this album, I just popped the disc in and was greeted with a glorious lo-fi trip into something resembling electropop. But then it isn't electro pop is it? There's none of the posturing, none of the bravado - this is cracking, melancholy and strangely beautiful, devoid of the asinine bullsh*t we're force-fed day in and day out on television and radio. Take 'End of the World' for example, a track which opens like a Pavement demo; roughly strummed chords and crumbling drums before being greeted by the kind of synthesizers that make us all lament the day digital overtook analogue. Equal parts Violent Femmes and New Order, it seems DFA have made an unusual and very well-measured move in signing up Shocking Pinks, let's hope the rest of the world catches on. I'm still wondering how such a strange record managed to edge its way onto the EMI books. Miracles, it seems, do happen. in boomkat [Para Ouvir]

Comments

Popular Posts