M.U. PODCAST #147 DANIELE VERONESE (MARCH 2023)

Graphic Design by Bruno Lopes (Mundo Urbano) March, 2023. Artwork found on Tumblr: Unknown artist.

A quick introduction: «My name is Daniele Veronese, I'm 42 years old, I was born in Milan, Italy and I currently live in Marseille, France. In the last 10 years, I have been traveling/working/living in different cities including Madrid, Sao Paulo, and Paris... I started playing piano and keyboards when I was a child since my father is also a musician, and we used different instruments at home.

I had too many different music projects/bands and it is now some years I decided to focus only to my project. I had different records out in the last couple of years.. last one is a release "Still Life" out on AVA (Audio. Visuals. Atmosphere.) and mastered by Simon Scott (Slowdive). I'm now working on my new album. In parallel with music, I do visual art. For me, it is the same artistic research. You can find some of my artwork on my Instagram».

About the mix: «I have recorded in real-time/live, "mixing"/"re-mixing"/"sampling" using an analog 12 channels mixer connected to a couple of tapes deck, a vinyl turntable, one old win7 laptop, one mobile phone, a couple of mp3 readers + an electric piano and a Roland synth. This is a similar setup I use for live concerts.
There is no overdubbing in the mix, just live and no additional compression or equalization since I believe Soundcloud and similar services add some extra volume to it.

These are the words I was thinking while recording, in the language I always do my thinking: Italian.. :)
Erosione, Vita, Morte, Nausea, Disfatta, Rinascita, Sogno, Mente, Spazio, Campane, Salto, Paradosso, Tempo, Primavera, Dubbio. These tracks I used in chronological order, mixed each other, adding some piano and synth».

Tracklist:

01. Tasaday - Il Principe Delle Modificazioni
02. Francisco Ali-Brouchoud - Basho
03. M.B. (Maurizio Bianchi) - Radio Popolare, Milan, Italy, 1 jan 1983
04. Jabir y Los Espacios Vacios Vuelo Por Las Alturas De Alhambra
05. Futuro Antico - s/t
06. Oksana Linde - Play Caribe
07. JB Banfi J.B. Banfi - Paradox - Streams
08. Etant Donnes – Aurore
09. Beatriz Ferreyra - Senderos abismales
10. Ssiege - Dreamy pads of insecurity
11. Ildefonso Aguilar - Erosion
12. Yutaka Hirose - Nostalghia
13. Urban Sax Fraction - Sur Le Temps France
14. Cyrille Verdeaux ‎– Moebius
15. Gavin Bryars - My first hommage
16. Iury Lech - Musica Para El Fin De Los Cantos
17. Fernando Falcao - Memoria das Aguas
18. Ambienti Coassiali - 1stOper Variations
19. Katalin Ladik - Phonopoetica
20. Iasos - Blue Fire Realms
21. Messel - )
22. Angelic Choir - Healing Gregorian Chants
23. Debit - 1st Day
24. Debit - 1st Night
25. Rober Turman - Flux 1
26. Henning Christiansen - Symphony Natura Op. 170  
27. OM Chanting @ 528Hz
Spring Forest Sounds and Relaxing Bird Singing for Sleeping

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Un, abrazo,
Daniele

Comments

Popular Posts